View Vacancy -- Principal Emergency Planning Officer
About the role
We are seeking to appoint an experienced resilience professional to join Haringey Council’s Organisational Resilience Team as Principal Emergency Planning Officer. In this exciting role you will be leading on all aspects of emergency planning and response within the Council. Coming from a resilience background, you will be highly motivated and creative in your ability to drive forward new initiatives under the resilience agenda, both internally and externally.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a high level of knowledge and experience in developing, maintaining and validating emergency arrangements to prepare for identified borough risks. In addition to good project management skills, the successful candidate will also have the ability to work under pressure and evaluate emergency situations to identify and communicate critical decisions and requirements.
You will be responsible for leading the preparation and maintenance of emergency plans and procedures, including taking an innovative and resourceful approach to training and exercising to validate plans.
- You will have confidence in your ability to maintain strong collaborative relationships both internally and with resilience partners to promote effective multi-agency planning.
- You’ll have a strong sense of accountability and ability to work under pressure to ensure the best outcome in emergencies. You’ll have excellent communication skills to ensure the provision of clear direction to emergency response teams during incidents. You’ll also be experienced in providing guidance and recommendations based on your expertise to the Corporate Leadership Team to support them in the development of resilience strategies.
- You’ll have the ability to cope with conflicting and competing goals, planning effectively and working systematically, with excellent attention to detail to ensure high quality work.
- You will be positive in your approach to change and receptive to new ways of working to support wider organisational and regional objectives.
- You’ll form part of our 24-hour emergency rota to ensure effective response to emergencies both in and out of hours. This duty will be accompanied by an additional £2,000 pager allowance.
Closing Date: 22nd January 2020
Haringey offer a range of training opportunities to support your development and grow your career, flexible working arrangements that will enhance your work-life balance and a generous holiday allowance of 30 days plus bank holidays.
In addition, we offer a range of staff benefits such as membership of the Local Government pension scheme, childcare vouchers, interest-free loans on annual travel cards, discounts at many leisure activities, restaurants, shops, and other establishments.
Haringey Council is committed to the principles of equality of opportunity, fairness, and quality of life for all, both in terms of how we work with the community and in our role as an employer.