View Vacancy -- Equalities and Diversity Officer
About the Role
Haringey is refreshing its approach to equalities and diversity, following on from a Local Government Association peer review that commended our progress and encouraged us to go further. Based in the Policy Team and working with colleagues across the organisation, the Equalities and Diversity Officer will play a crucial role in developing and implementing Haringey’s new Equalities Strategy. This will involve coordinating and managing projects that will help to make Haringey Council a more inclusive employer, improve its engagement with community groups, and embed equalities in all aspects of the Council’s work. The Equalities and Diversity Officer will also play a key role in the Council’s governance, helping to ensure that senior managers and Councillors receive high-quality equalities advice when making major policy decisions.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A good understanding of equalities and diversity, including relevant legislation
- Experience of substantial work on equality, diversity and inclusion issues, challenges and/or projects
- A demonstrable ability to think creatively, network and develop strong working relationships
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to suit a range of audiences including senior managers
- An ability to prioritise and manage own workload, using initiative and working independently in a busy environment
Closing Date: Monday 27th January 2020
This role is offered on a secondment or fixed term contract opportunity until March 2021, with the possibility of extension subject to funding.
*If you are applying as a secondment, please ensure you have permission from your manager.