View Vacancy -- Senior Teacher - Emotional Wellbeing and Mental Health
About the role
We have a wonderful opportunity for an experienced qualified senior teacher to be part of an exciting project in Haringey which is part of the national Trailblazer youth mental health programme across 25 local authorities, with a real opportunity to improve on national policy for children affected by challenges around emotional wellbeing and mental health.
Working within Haringey’s Anchor Approach, you will be:
- Working in partnership with specialists in the field of emotional wellbeing and mental health
- Developing and delivering training, tools and resources to support emotional wellbeing and mental health needs, using the principles of the Anchor approach
- Part of a team within Haringey public health which is building a legacy of resilience and wellbeing for the residents of Haringey
In this exciting role you will have an opportunity to build on your classroom and whole school management skills to influence the direction of future work in schools, as schools are so central to support for this group due to their daily contact with children and their families.
The role requires an inspiring teacher with strong interpersonal skills who can promote joint working across schools, children’s services, health services, social care and third sector organisations to support this specific group.
If you are a highly motivated, dynamic teacher with experience of leading initiatives and influencing school staff teams to bring about positive system change, have a background in developing and delivering training to school staff, and supporting school staff to work with children with complex needs, we look forward to hearing from you.
Closing date: Monday 3rd February 2020
- Mainstream school experience.
- Working with senior leadership to bring about positive change in their school.
- Some experience working within the local authority, using teaching skills.
- Some experience of supporting staff to work with children with additional needs and children who exhibit challenging behaviours.
- Some understanding of resilience, wellbeing & mental health
We are interested in someone who would like to work in this field in the long-term & who is interested in working as part of a team building a legacy of resilience and wellbeing in the borough of Haringey.
If you are interested in this position, please contact the Resourcing Hub on firstname.lastname@example.org and request the information document that provides details on the Approach Project.
This opportunity is a fixed term contract till April 2021 and to start as soon as possible.
*If you are applying as a secondment, please ensure you have permission from your manager.