View Vacancy -- Assistant Project Manager
About the role
Haringey is a place of great opportunity for all, with enormous potential for growth - a growing economy, more and better housing, flourishing communities and outstanding schools. We are part of one of the world’s greatest cities – but more than this we believe that with our potential for growth, we are the future of London.
As part of this development and growth, the Project Delivery Team is leading an ambitious capital works programme of circa £1 billion to deliver on a wide range of projects from school enhancement works, construction and restoration of civic buildings to the regeneration of Tottenham and Wood Green.
The Project Delivery Team is seeking a dynamic, highly capable individual who is able to build and maintain excellent relationships to join a fast paced, focussed and dedicated team of professionals working together to deliver a varied capital works portfolio.
Reporting to a Senior Project Manager and dependent on experience, you will be responsible for planning, monitoring and controlling low value and/or low complexity capital projects and assist on larger and complex projects up to £500,000 (predominantly construction related) from inception to completion. You will assume a dynamic, proactive role within the project team to deliver high quality and value for money projects using effective project management techniques.
Closing Date: Friday 18th January 2019 at 17:00
- Good level of literacy and numeracy
- Prince2 Foundation or Association of Project Managers Foundation certification (practitioner desired)
- Construction related qualification
- Project Management related qualification
- Experience of project managing in the delivery of minor and/or low value and/or low complexity capital projects (preferably construction related) from inception to completion under supervision.
- Experience of procurement methods and management of design, cost and construction related consultants and building contractors.
- Experience of assisting and/or managing capital budgets.
- Experience of supporting senior management across a number of functions.
- Experience of using Microsoft Project or similar
- Experience of working within a group of staff/team within a programme and project setting.
- Experience of working in a large multi-functional organisation or business within either the public or private sector, within a programme and/or project management and/or asset management and/or education and/or construction related field.
- Experience of public/stakeholder/end user consultation and communication.
- Experience of working with nurseries, schools, governors, head teachers and other stakeholders in the education sector.
- Experience of providing customer focused services and working with the public.
- Knowledge of Local Government and public sector with a good understanding of associated issues within the public sector.
- A basic knowledge and understanding of procurement within the public sector.
- A basic knowledge and understanding of Building Control & planning legislation, Construction Design and Management Regulations, Party Wall Act.
This opportunity is closed to applications.