View Vacancy -- Team Manager - Children In Care
Team Manager - Children in Care Team
About the role
The Team Manager in the Children In Care Service is responsible for supporting staff to develop their skills in working with children. This includes statement writing, direct work, working with families and assessing the needs of children. Some key elements to the role will include:
- Effective team management
- Effective management oversight
- Quality assurance
- Performance management
- You will provide exemplary leadership, management, and professional guidance to a team of social workers, and where required other practitioners, both directly and within their team. To ensure the delivery of a high quality, comprehensive, integrated, systemically-informed social work practice within the Children In Care Service in Haringey.
- You will be a qualified social worker with a minimum of 5 years post qualifying experience, preferably in a similar setting.
- You will have previous experience managing social workers but experience as a team manager within children's social care is desirable.
- You will be highly organised and able to deliver to deadlines, and able to work independently whilst maintaining a team and whole service focus.
- Your knowledge and understanding of complex child safeguarding, alongside your strong grasp of relevant legislation will be second to none. You will have strong verbal and nonverbal communication skills. Thus, you will be confident chairing complex multiagency meetings strategy and professional meetings where required.
- You will have evidence of ongoing professional development, as well as either experience or a sound understanding of social worker supervision, change and budget management.
- You will be responsible for the day to day management of the work allocated to your team, ensuring that this is completed to the highest standards and with the child's welfare central to decision making. You will develop your team members by ensuring they receive regular, reflective case and personal supervision, and that service and corporate priorities are met.
- You will provide management cover within the Assessment Service when your colleagues are on leave.
- You will ensure that Human Resource policies and procedures are adhered to, including robustly and effectively addressing any performance, capability, sickness absence or similar issues.
In all cases, you will ensure that concise and accurate records of your management decision making and direction is evidenced and communicated. Above all, you will be committed to assisting the service to ensure that we are a forward thinking, responsive service which meets the diverse needs children, young people and their families in Haringey, by contributing to service and departmental strategies, policies and procedures.
Other Requirements / How to apply
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. An enhanced disclosure check with the DBS will be undertaken.
Closing Date: 22/08/2019
- Relevant Social Work qualification and HCPC registration
- Evidence of post-qualification continuing professional development
A recognised management qualification or evidence of participation on an organisational leadership or management development programme
This opportunity is closed to applications.